OpenRespect.org: social guidelines for open communities

November 11, 2010

Some time ago, I read a paragraph on the book “Producing Open Source Software“, by Karl Fogel, explaining the need to write down conventions and agreements that have become essential for daily life in an open source community. In this way, people joining your community at a later point can quickly grasp its folklore and […]

0

Seamless support for open content

November 2, 2010

Over the past 4 years, I’ve been an avid consumer of open content, mainly images and text licensed under CC-BY-SA (my favourite license ever). 90% of times, I collect it to prepare slides and other learning materials for university courses, training sessions, lectures or conferences (the other 10% is just for fun, since I love […]

0